Assistant Facilities Services Manager
The Assistant Facilities Services Manager reports to General Manager and also deputises in their absence. The role will provide day-to-day management of the Operations and Maintenance multi disciplined team and ensure The Facilities Manager shall be responsible for managing the long term maintenance and repair programs for the contract in order to facilitate effective operation of the site.
The post holder will be responsible in the management of a successful asset management based PPM program and the management of allocated minor works programs covering repairs and maintenance works as assigned by the building owner or building user. They will direct in Project Management of capital works and projects and development of the in-house maintenance capability. The role will maintain and continually review and improve the onsite service delivery and direct technical and safety training in conjunction with Training Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
In line with the senior team the Assistant Facilities Services Manager will support and approve:
- Deputies for the General Manager
- Provide direct line management for the technical services that report into the role, including but not limited to performance management and career planning of individual
- Develop, monitor and review annual maintenance programs for the Project.
- Recommend and administer capital improvement works.
- Develop, administer and review whole of life cycle replacement programs.
- Represent client to navigate through various audits, inspections conducted by local bodies, insurance companies, bankers, investors etc.
- Establish, policies and procedures for each service under management.
- Develop, implement and review energy efficient replacement programs.
- Review building service’s delivery systems and develop strategic maintenance or replacement strategies.
- Negotiate procure and review whole of service delivery contracts.
- Ongoing management of the Risk Management program.
- Development the QA program and take it through audit for subsequent award.
- Timely address various ad hoc requests given by the client for variation work, VIP visits, etc.
- Liaise with clients, staff and external consultants at all levels in matters relating to building service delivery.
- In conjunction with the client develop business continuity plans for numerous scenarios.
- Manage and direct the operations of the business in accordance with the strategic plan, with an emphasis on standardisation of policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all elements of the Contract to meet all regulatory, business, strategic and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Contribute towards the preparation of operating budgets.
- Meet agreed budgets (commitments) and business planning outcomes.
- Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands, ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards.
- Set staffing levels in compliance with business specifications and monitor them, to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Ensure that employees have the opportunity to participate in the development of the contract and the decision making process.
- Provide advice to the General Manager on the activities, developments and changes within the services covered under the Contract and their impact upon the provision of those services.
- Monitor the progress of accreditation and quality management systems and coordinate the standardisation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports and attend monthly leadership meetings.
- Manage the collection, distribution and storage of information and reports.
- Review all training needs and report on a yearly basis.
- Liaise with customer representatives on an appropriate and regular basis.
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring the integrity of the intent and operation of the management reporting system, with all issues raised and addressed at the appropriate level.
- Ensure the timely and satisfactory management and resolution of complaints from customers and the grievances of employees, in accordance with company’s policies.
- Regularly meet with line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands to keep them informed of decisions affecting their areas of operation and to ensure a uniform application of the company’s policies and delivery of services.
- Monitoring of procedures and policies in order to recommend improvement.
- Monitor, review and, where appropriate, update property, plant and equipment to meet the changing needs of the business, within your authority limits.
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- This position may be required to carry out other tasks from time to time as directed by the General Manager.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
Lead the development and implementation of the Management System and ensure that contents of Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements are known and understood by the contract staff.
Provide input into the development of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements.
Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers, employees, visitors, subcontractors, client and customers.
Lead by example and ensure that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize and that the generation of waste is identified and responded to within the area of responsibility.
Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all security threats whether internal, external and deliberate or accidental.
Conduct regular reviews on the HSQE and Information Security Performance and seek ways to continually improve the standards.